The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a Business Manager. The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Business Manager is responsible for managing day to day business and administrative operations.
- Oversee general ledger activity, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliations
- Oversee monthly close procedures, including reconciliation of box office, contributed income, petty cash, and credit card activity
- Track annual operating budget in collaboration with General Manager, and assist General Manager in preparation of periodic re-forecasts
- Develop and prepare special reports for funders
- With General Manager, act as a point of contact for external auditors and compile testing materials to prepare annual audited statements and 990 return
- Administer payroll management, including weekly processing
- Administer employee benefit plans and process all claims
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal labor requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions
- Manage general office administration, including inventory and ordering of office and kitchen supplies, calendar management, and IT troubleshooting with external consultant. (Note that The New Group’s offices are currently remote, so this includes management of the Virtual Office.)
- Other related duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following: a working knowledge of accounting and finance; strong book-keeping skills with proficiency in computerized accounting (Quickbooks or other equivalent accounting software); experience with Spektrix or other ticketing software; extensive knowledge of MS Excel; excellent written/verbal communication skills and an ability to clearly and effectively articulate policies and concepts to internal and external parties; attention to detail and accuracy while managing multiple projects simultaneously. Competitive candidates will have experience in a related position with business or accounting, with non-profit experience preferred.
Salary range is $50,000-55,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans. The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, differently abled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please put ‘Business Manager’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, please visit www.TheNewGroup.org.