The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a Company Manager for our upcoming production of Black No More by John Ridley and Tarik Trotter.
The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater.
The Company Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Act as The New Group’s liaison with cast, crew, and creative team at rehearsals and performances, and as The New Group’s on-site representative at the theater
- Coordinate artist travel and housing, as needed
- In collaboration with General Manager, draft and negotiate certain artist contracts. Distribute contracts for signature, track, and file with unions and representatives.
- Coordinate artist payroll (including collection of required payroll paperwork and preparation of weekly payroll reports), and distribute paychecks to cast, crew, and other creative team members.
- Prepare weekly union reports for AEA and AFM/Local 802 and file reports and corresponding benefit checks with these unions
- Facilitate bio and headshot collection from all artists for Playbill and website
- Coordinate house seat orders with Box Office and track contractual holds and releases
- Manage workers compensation claims, from filing of claim with insurance carrier to connecting the injured party and their workers comp caseworker to assist in facilitating medical care
- Box office and performance wrap reporting
- Other related duties as required
This is a seasonal position running from approximately August 2021 – early March 2022. It requires evening and weekend availability.
The ideal candidate will have the following: related experience with Company or General Management and familiarity with union agreements (AEA, SDC, USA and AFM/Local 802); knowledge of Spektrix or other ticketing software; working knowledge spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets, or other equivalent software); excellent written/verbal communication skills; ability to problem solve and maintain a calm demeanor under pressure; attention to detail and accuracy while managing multiple projects simultaneously; a commitment to EDI and anti-racism, and trainings in anti-racism, de-escalation, and harm-reducing protocols. If you don’t meet all of the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself in your cover letter.
This is a full-time non-exempt position with a salary of $880 per week. The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, differently abled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please put ‘Business Manager’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, please visit www.TheNewGroup.org.