Institutional Giving Associate
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking an INSTITUTIONAL GIVING ASSOCIATE, responsible for supporting the growth of The New Group’s foundation, corporate and government giving portfolios, primarily through grantwriting and stewardship. Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, this position plays a crucial role in The New Group’s advancement.
ABOUT THE NEW GROUP
Founded in 1995, The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. In addition to producing three to four annual productions, an annual gala, and four to six community events, the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program champions original works by emerging and established authors. The New Group also operates a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined middle and high school, college, and adult students. The New Group Off Stage celebrates work at the intersection of art, multimedia, and social engagement by showcasing some of today’s most compelling storytellers through web series, feature films, audio plays and more.
In the 2022-23 season, The New Group will present the Off Broadway premiere of Evanston Salt Costs Climbing written by Will Arbery and directed by Danya Taymor; the world premiere of The Seagull/ Woodstock, NY written by Thomas Bradshaw, adapted from Chekhov and directed by Scott Elliott, and the world premiere of Bernarda’s Daughters written by Diane Exavier and directed by Dominique Rider. The Off Stage division will be releasing the digital film Lypsinka: Toxic Femininity created by John Epperson and directed by Chloë Sevigny.
- Act as the primary writer/creator for the institutional giving portfolio, preparing applications, letters of inquiry, grant reports and other documentation as required.
- Maintain the institutional donor database, processing donations and drafting correspondence.
- Administer fulfillment of institutional donor requirements, including donor recognition and reporting.
- Research and identify potential new institutional prospects.
- Collaborate with The New Group staff to develop grant budgets and program descriptions.
- Manage the grant calendar.
- Engage institutional donors at the theater, Opening Nights, and other special events to maintain relationships with current funders and cultivate prospects.
- Support the Development Department in projects and events as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be highly organized, with excellent attention to detail and deadlines.
- Should possess exceptional writing, analytical, communication, and research skills.
- Will have some level of related experience, preferably in a development or grantwriting role at a non-profit organization.
- Is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA), anti-racism, and ongoing IDEA education
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office, Google applications, CRM software a plus.
- Appreciates the performing arts; knowledge and love of contemporary theater a plus.
As an early career professional, if you don’t meet all of the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself in your cover letter.
Annual salary range for this position is $45,000 – $50,000. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an equal opportunity employer, and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Institutional Giving Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, visit www.thenewgroup.org.