New Group Next Fellowships
Applications for the 2019/20 Season have closed.
The New Group will offer three Fellowships in the areas of Accessibility, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity, Artistic and Marketing during the 2019/20 season. These Fellowships are paid appointments and are designed to train candidates from underrepresented communities in the New York theatre industry who have had limited or no access to arts training.
In addition to the specific fellowship descriptions below, all Fellows will become part of The New Group team in the following ways in order to expand the breadth of their understanding of how a non-profit theatre operates.
- Participate in weekly departmental and staff meetings
- Attend and provide event support for Opening Nights, Fundraising benefits and other special events
- Invitations to one-on-one sessions with senior staff members to gain perspective in other aspects of the organization
- Additional mentorship and coaching by Founding Artistic Director Scott Elliott and Executive Director Adam Bernstein
- Resume guidance, job search strategies, and interview preparation
- Introductions to external industry networks in chosen fields to help cultivate relationships for future employment opportunities
Throughout the fellowship period, there will be an ongoing evaluation process to determine appropriate areas for growth and outline future goals. At the end of the fellowship, it is The New Group’s intention that the fellows will have gained skills and experience that will make them competitive candidates for future employment in New York’s theatrical workforce.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and people of color, immigrants, differently abled, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply.