Box Office Associate
Box Office Associate
The New Group
Box Office Associate (Part-Time)
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking part-time Box Office Associates. Reporting to the Manager of Ticketing & Audience Services, the Box Office Associates will play a key role in supporting the ongoing operations of ticketing and audience services & the Marketing Department’s responsibilities for stage productions, Off Stage projects, and institutional programs.
- Process single ticket sales, membership orders, donations and exchanges in Spektrix.
- Provide support for customers purchasing online .
- Assist with sales for special events and benefits sold through Spektrix.
- Help keep and maintain up-to-date and accurate customer data in Spektrix.
- Demonstrate knowledge of The New Group’s current productions and programs.
- Field questions regarding The New Group programming and single ticket purchases.
- When in performances:
- Print, prepare, and distribute tickets
- Manage in-person sales and service at the theater box office (tickets & merchandise)
- Run and distribute post-performance reports.
A successful applicant will possess:
- Outstanding customer service skills and friendly demeanor on the phone & in person.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- The required skills to communicate in a clear, professional and patient manner.
- The desire to be part of building an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment.
- Previous experience in ticket sales/ Spektrix a plus, but not required.
The rate is $18.00/hour. This is a seasonal hourly position with nights & weekends required and a minimum commitment through the end of December 2022. Covid-19 vaccination & adherence to ‘Key to NYC’ for indoor activities is required. For more information on The New Group, please visit TheNewGroup.org.
In the 2022-23 season, The New Group will present the Off Broadway premiere of Evanston Salt Costs Climbing written by Will Arbery and directed by Danya Taymor; the world premiere of The Seagull/ Woodstock, NY written by Thomas Bradshaw, adapted from Chekov and directed by Scott Elliott, and the world premiere of Bernarda’s Daughters written by Diane Exavier and directed by Dominique Rider. The Off Stage division will be releasing the digital film Lypsinka: Toxic Femininity created by John Epperson and directed by Chloë Sevigny.
If you don’t meet all of the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself in your cover letter.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people of color, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with “Box Office Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.