Box Office Associate
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking two part-time Box Office Associates. Reporting to the Manager of Ticketing & Audience Services, the Box Office Associates will play a key role in supporting the ongoing operations of ticketing and audience services & the Marketing Department’s responsibilities for stage productions, Off Stage projects, and institutional programs.
In 2022, The New Group will present the world premiere musical production of Black No More by John Ridley and Tariq Trotter; the Off Stage division will be releasing the digital series I Need Space written, directed and created by Donja R. Love. Additional programs include the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program which champions original works by emerging and established authors; and a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined high school, college and adult students.
- Process single ticket sales, membership orders, donations and exchanges in Spektrix
- Provide support for customers purchasing online
- Assist with sales for special events and benefits sold through Spektrix
- Help keep and maintain up-to-date and accurate customer data in Spektrix
- Demonstrate knowledge of The New Group’s current productions and programs
- Field questions regarding The New Group programming and single ticket purchases
- When in performances:
- Print, prepare, and distribute tickets
- Manage in-person sales and service at the theater box office (tickets & merchandise)
- Run and distribute post-performance reports
A successful applicant will possess:
- Outstanding customer service skills and friendly demeanor on the phone & in person
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- The required skills to communicate in a clear, professional and patient manner
- The desire to be part of building an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment
The rate is $16.00/hour. This is a seasonal hourly position with nights & weekends required and a minimum commitment through the end of February 2022. Covid-19 vaccination & adherence to ‘Key to NYC’ for indoor activities is required. For more information on The New Group, please visit TheNewGroup.org.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people of color, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Box Office Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.