Covid Compliance Manager
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a Covid Compliance Manager for our upcoming production of Black No More by John Ridley and Tariq Trotter.
The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theatre.
The Covid Compliance Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Administer and manage weekly testing for the company
- Monitor risk level of midtown Manhattan using the covidactnow.org website
- Ensure all individuals onsite are properly wearing masks and distribute masks as necessary
- Implement The New Group’s Covid Safety Plan, which has been prepared in accordance with applicable city, state, and union protocols and procedures
- Act as a liaison with cast, crew, and creative team at rehearsals and performances
- Work with the Company Manager to provide limited company management support, as time allows.
- Other related duties as assigned
This is a seasonal position running from approximately November 15, 2021 – February 27, 2022. It requires evening and weekend availability, as well as availability over the holidays. Covid-19 vaccination is required.
The ideal candidate will have the following: excellent written/verbal communication skills; ability to problem solve, maintain a calm demeanor under pressure, and be a self-starter; attention to detail and accuracy; a commitment to EDI and anti-racism, and trainings in anti-racism, de-escalation, and harm-reducing protocols. Candidates must already be a certified Covid Compliance Manager or be willing to get certified. No previous medical experience is required. If you don’t meet all of the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself in your cover letter.
This is a non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $22/hour. Hours are anticipated to be no more than 40 in most weeks. The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please put ‘Covid Compliance Manager’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, please visit www.TheNewGroup.org.