Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a MANAGER OF INDIVIDUAL GIVING AND SPECIAL EVENTS, responsible for overseeing and implementing individual engagement with The New Group through fundraising campaigns, development strategies, and in-person and virtual special events, including our annual Gala. Working alongside the Manager of Institutional Giving and reporting to the Director of External Affairs, this position plays a crucial role in the development of The New Group’s community and advancement.
Founded in 1995, The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. In addition to producing three to four annual productions, an annual gala, and four to six community events, the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program champions original works by emerging and established authors. The New Group also operates a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined middle and high school, college, and adult students. The New Group Off Stage celebrates work at the intersection of art, multimedia, and social engagement by showcasing some of today’s most compelling storytellers through web series, feature films, audio plays and more.
- Implement individual giving strategies, donor research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Maintain the major gifts pipeline and work with the Director of External Affairs, Executive Director, and Artistic Director on cultivation strategies for major gifts and Patron Ensemble program.
- Spearhead bi-annual individual fundraising campaigns, and smaller targeted solicitations.
- Manage the creation and distribution of donor and prospect communications, thank-you letters, invitations, and collateral.
- Help fulfill and track patron ticketing for performances.
- Log all donations and maintain accurate donation reports in Spektrix; provide management reports and monthly financial reconciliations, and assist with annual cash flow projections, income/expense budgeting and long-term planning.
- Conduct regular wealth screenings on current and prospective constituents
- Organize donor cultivation and special events, including patron receptions, opening night parties, community outreach events, artist talkbacks, panel discussions, special readings.
- Support with all aspects of the annual Gala, including online and in-person auctions and paddle-raises, and overall event planning.
- Organize solicitation and invitation lists, track RSVPs and seating requests, when applicable.
- Support in the forging of new community partnerships centered around live productions.
- On-site management of events as needed; some evening and weekend availability required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Prior experience working in a development, fundraising, or sales role.
- Event organization, management, and/or producing experience
- A commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA), anti-racism, and ongoing IDEA education
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google applications, and CRM software; experience with Spektrix a plus.
- An appreciation for the performing arts; knowledge and love of contemporary theater a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you don’t meet all of the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself in your cover letter.
This is a full-time exempt position available immediately, with a salary of $58,500. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans. The New Group operates as a fully vaccinated workplace, and Covid-19 vaccination is required.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an equal opportunity employer, and BIPOC, immigrant, veteran, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events” in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, please visit: TheNewGroup.org