Manager of Ticketing and Audience Services
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a full time MANAGER of TICKETING and AUDIENCE SERVICES. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the manager will oversee ticket sales operations, customer service processes and database management. The areas of responsibility for this position include both front-facing customer engagement, and data management and analysis. Due to the nature of this role, the manager will be required to work some evenings or weekends depending on the needs of a production or special event.
The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. The upcoming producing year will include live stage productions and ongoing digital projects through The New Group Off Stage. Additional programs include the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program which champions original works by emerging and established authors; and a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined high school, college and adult students.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
Ticketing and Audience Services:
- Manage event building, pricing, and promotional offers for all productions, live events, membership (subscription) campaigns, and digital projects through Spektrix Ticketing System and other digital platforms.
- Process ticket sales, donations, and other transactions.
- Manage and review ticket and customer service policies
- Oversee the hiring, training, and supervision of ticket services staff.
- Provide excellent customer service and effectively resolve issues for members, single ticket buyers, donors and the general public.
- Lead customer service activity and, with the Director of Marketing, develop and review best practices for service, engagement, and accessibility.
- Participate in successful collaboration with performance space (The Pershing Square Signature Center) front-of-house and operations staff.
- Work with senior management and the Company Manager to manage inventory, VIP and staff requests.
- Oversee ongoing database maintenance including database configuration, data integrity, and transactional processes.
- Collaborate with the development staff on shared administration related to database management and functionality.
- Assist with sales and audience data analysis that inform decisions regarding ticket pricing, discount offers, and dynamic pricing strategies.
- Implement internal reporting systems, and fulfill data requests related to sales and donation activity.
- Collaborate on ongoing audience development and cultivation event planning.
- Manage promotional offers with third party vendors (TodayTix, TDF, Goldstar, etc.) and partner organizations.
- Coordinate accessibility initiatives related to performances (sign language interpreters, open captioning, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Direct or transferable experience in box office and/or ticket sales operations.
- Direct or transferable experience in front of house operations and/or customer service engagement.
- Superior knowledge of Spektrix or similar ticketing software or databases including sales transactions, event building, campaign and database management.
- Experience with direct reports and managing part-time staff or transferable experience in team/group leadership.
- Demonstrated experience working with budgets and data organization.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets, or other equivalent software) and data reporting.
- Demonstrated abilities to be proactive, to troubleshoot, and to pivot.
- Excellent and comfortable customer service skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
If you do not meet all the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself and your transferable skills in your cover letter.
The annual salary for this position is $58,500 exempt. Benefits package includes paid time-off, health, dental, vision, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager of Ticketing and Audience Services” in the subject line. No phone calls please.