The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a full time Marketing Associate to play a key role in the Marketing Department’s responsibilities for stage productions, Off Stage projects, and institutional programs. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the associate will also support the department’s ongoing management of Ticketing, Audience Development and Community Engagement.
The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. The organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program champions original works by emerging and established authors. The New Group Off Stage celebrates work at the intersection of art, multimedia, and social engagement by showcasing some of today’s most compelling storytellers through web series, films, audio plays and more. The New Group also operates a variety of theater education programs from teen acting ensembles to college access programs, and a college-level acting studio in collaboration with Long Island University-Brooklyn.
In the 2022-23 season, The New Group will present the Off Broadway premiere of Evanston Salt Costs Climbing written by Will Arbery and directed by Danya Taymor; the world premiere of The Seagull/ Woodstock, NY written by Thomas Bradshaw, adapted from Chekov and directed by Scott Elliott, and the world premiere of Bernarda’s Daughters written by Diane Exavier and directed by Dominique Rider. The Off Stage division will be releasing the digital film Lypsinka: Toxic Femininity created by John Epperson and directed by Chloë Sevigny.
Responsibilities will include:
- Executing promotions on social media and email marketing channels as part of an overall marketing strategy.
- Overseeing social media content creation, scheduling and engagement.
- Managing email marketing including creative content generation and audience targeting.
- Implementing basic website updates and maintenance (via WordPress).
- Monitoring the communications calendar to ensure the successful rollout of marketing campaigns.
- Participating in content creation including copywriting, campaign planning, social media, promotional offers, and video/photoshoots.
- Supporting ticketing and customer service activity as needed.
- With the Director of External Affairs and Director of Marketing, collaborating on ongoing initiatives for audience cultivation and community engagement.
- Providing minimal administrative support for the marketing department.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated or transferable experience with the responsibilities listed above.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace applications.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Basic social media design experience, with the propensity to learn.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating between staff, external agencies and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive, to troubleshoot, and to pivot.
- Ability to collaborate with and adapt to a wide variety of people and personalities, working styles, and artistic visions;
As an early career professional, experience or interest in a specific area of arts marketing—graphic design, social media, copywriting, event planning—is desirable but not a requirement.
The New Group will provide training for specific software programs (Spektrix and Dot Digital). If you do not meet all of the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself and your transferable skills in your cover letter.
Annual salary range for this position is $45,000 – $50,000. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans. Some weekend and evening work may be required during production periods.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an equal opportunity employer, and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.