Ticketing and Audience Services Manager
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a fulltime Ticketing and Audience Services Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the manager will oversee ticket sales operations, database management and customer service processes. The areas of responsibility for this position include both front-facing customer engagement, and data management and analysis. Due to the nature of this role, the manager will be required to work some evenings or weekends depending on the needs of a production or special event.
The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. The upcoming producing year will include live productions, ongoing digital projects through The New Group Off Stage, and continued education programming both in-house and with the Long Island University, Brooklyn, School of Arts. In this upcoming year, this position will play a valuable role in The New Group’s return to live theatre and full operations. This position will be an integral part of the process as the marketing and development departments are restructured and ongoing operations continue to be streamlined.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
Ticketing and Customer Service:
- Manage event building, pricing, and promotional offers for all productions, live events, membership (subscription) campaigns, and digital projects through Spektrix Ticketing System and other digital platforms.
- Review and implement all ticket and customer service policies
- Oversee the hiring, training, and supervision of ticket services staff.
- Process ticket sales, donations, and other transactions.
- Provide excellent customer service and effectively resolve issues for donors, members, single ticket buyers and the general public.
- Lead customer service activity and, with the Director of Marketing, develop and review best practices for service, engagement, and accessibility.
- Oversee ongoing database maintenance including database configuration, data integrity, and transactional processes.
- Analyze sales and audience data to help inform decisions regarding ticket pricing, discount offers, and dynamic pricing strategies.
- Implement internal reporting systems, and fulfill data requests related to audience attendance, performance reconciliation and sales and donation activity.
- Manage promotional offers with third party vendors (TodayTix, TDF, Goldstar, etc.) and partner organizations.
- Assist with audience segmentation and targeted promotions.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Participate in ongoing audience development and cultivation event planning.
- Coordinate accessibility initiatives related to performances (sign language interpreters, open captioning, etc.).
- Manage ticket inventory, and fulfill VIP and staff requests with the Director of Marketing and Company Manager.
- Collaborate with the development staff on fundraising administration related to database management and functionality (campaign organization, donor data maintenance, and transactional processes).
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Direct or transferable experience in box office and/or ticket sales operations.
- Direct or transferable experience in front of house operations and/or customer service engagement.
- Superior knowledge of Spektrix or similar ticketing software or databases including transactions, event building, campaign and database management.
- Demonstrated experience working with budgets and data organization.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets, or other equivalent software) and data reporting.
- Demonstrated abilities to be proactive, to troubleshoot, and to pivot.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
If you do not meet all the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself and your transferable skills in your cover letter.
Annual salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000, non-exempt. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please include Ticketing and Audience Services Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please.