The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a Wardrobe Supervisor for our upcoming production of Black No More by John Ridley and Tariq Trotter.
The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater.
- Organizing and loading in wardrobe equipment, materials and supplies
- Attending all technical and dress rehearsals, previews and performances as scheduled
- Pre-setting of costumes for all rehearsals and performances
- Daily organization, maintenance, laundry, and repair of costumes for a company of 26 actors during the scheduled run of the production
- Assist with alterations and repairs during tech and previews
- Assist with scene changes that may involve props hand-offs and moving set pieces
- Manage a crew of two dressers
This is a seasonal position running from approximately December 20, 2021 – February 27, 2022. It requires evening and weekend availability, as well as availability over the holidays. Covid-19 vaccination is required.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a wardrobe supervisor and/or dresser, with excellent sewing and stitching skills. Candidates should be well-versed in the care, repair and maintenance of costumes. Candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills; with the ability to work independently and at the same time collaborate well in a fast-paced environment.
This position pays $27/hr, with overtime after 40 hours in a week. The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email a resume with references to email@example.com. Please put ‘Wardrobe Supervisor’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, please visit www.TheNewGroup.org.